Exploring your Shadow Side/Inner Demons

Come little children
I'll take thee away
Into a land of enchantment
Come little children
The time's come to play
Here in my garden of shadows

Hocus Pocus (One of my childhood favorites)
So, we all have our faults, our inner demons if you will. I will admit that I can be controlling when stressed and face with a lot of uncertainty, trying to control the situation or control a person. It has never gone that far but it has damaged a lot of my relationships. People don't want to be controlled, even if you have the best intentions.

I consider myself a Mom Domme/Mom Friend, and I'm sure a lot of you have well meaning but controlling mothers (I sure as hell do). Being a mother hen is a two-sided coin and you can't have one without the other, that's just life. However, you can make an effort to balance it so it doesn't get out of hand. I've decided that it's better to give my overbearing motherly energy to those who need a little extra support emotionally. You can disagree with me but sometimes we just need someone who is soft and warm, and willing to be patient with us (and maybe tell us when we did wrong). Another part of me is that I can kind of needy due to some abandonment and trust issues. Having that kind of overbearing energy is SOMETIMES nice to have because it feels like someone cares about you. Again, it can get out of hand and drive people away. I'm dealing with something like that right now, and I don't feel comfortable talking to that person because I felt like they had my best interest at heart, but they poorly treated the situation and hurt me.

I'm trying not to ramble but my point is that we all have issues. What matters is how you handle them and apologize when they get out of control, because it is going to happen eventually. None of us our perfect, or without sin. We just have to keep ourselves in check before things get really bad and we hurt those around us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I want him to...

My Childhood Was Okay - Growing Up With Abuse & Neglect (Rant)

Calm & Focus - Affirmation